A 2013 Event: UFO Challenge!
Sign up anytime to join the fun this year!
What is a UFO? An Un-Finished Object!
A UFO is anything you have started or stashed! You may have bought the kit or a pattern and fabric and just never got started on it. Or you may have started, ran out of time or encountered a problem, and put it down! As with many of our projects, it's just hard to find the time (or enthusiasm) to get back to them. So any project you've put in a drawer, the top of the closet, under the bed or on a shelf could qualify as a Un-Finished Object for this Challenge!
Just follow the directions below and come see us at the shop. "UFO Show and Tell" meetings will continue throughout 2013 and will be at 9:00 a.m. the first Saturday of every month. (Check our Events Calendar for dates.)
Here's how the UFO Challenge works.
How to Participate:
(Please fill out this form and bring it with you!)
1. Register to participate in the UFO 2013 Challenge.
2. Bring your list of 12 UFO's you expect to complete during the year-long challenge.
3. Define what "Finished" is for each project. Make this really specific: Remember, this challenge is for real UFO's–not "almost done," "just needs a binding," etc.
Rules of Engagement:
1. Each month, we'll pick a number from 1 through 12, and we'll email it to our UFO Challenge participants.
2. Finish the project with that number by the last Saturday of the month.
3. Bring it to "UFO Show and Tell" at the shop. (You can bring your UFO by and register it as complete at the shop during the month if you can't make it to the "Show and Tell.")
What's In It For You:
1. You'll have 12 completed projects to show off or give as gifts!
2. Everyone who presents a completed project at "UFO Show and Tell" qualifies to win prizes presented at that monthly meeting.
3. You'll stay entered to win monthly prizes, so the more often you finish on time, the better your chances of winning!
4. Win a Grand Prize at the end of the year (and yes, you'll be entered every time you finish your project on time!).
What Can You Win?
Monthly Prizes: These will vary each month but will include gadgets like rotary blades, needles, accessories or gift certificates. More than one prize will be awarded at each "UFO Show and Tell."